Causes Raises $10,000,000!
Posted Jul 10, 2009 by Joe Green
Today, Causes broke $10,000,000 raised through the application in just over two years. Half of this, $5,000,000, was donated in just the past 6 months. It is through the hard work of activists and nonprofits on Causes that we have been able to reach this milestone. We are constantly awestruck by the drive, commitment and passion poured into a cause, petition or birthday wish. In an effort to share what $10,000,000 raised means, we thought we’d show how that breaks down and how you have all contributed to this success.
Here’s how it all breaks down:
- $10,000,000 donated
- $5,000,000 donated so far in 2009
- $25 median donation
- 192,000 unique donors
- 26,000 causes have received donations
- $1.4 million raised through Birthday Wish feature
Some real All-Stars have stood out along the way:
- Brad Sugars, Largest Birthday Wish — $7,690 raised
- Camfed, Largest Completed Matching Grant — $100,000 raised
- Nature Conservancy, Top Fundraising Cause — $300,000 raised
So, what does that $10 million dollars mean? $10,000,000 is…
- Clean drinking water for 50,000 people for 20 years
- 1 million bed nets to stop the spread of malaria
- Safe, private shelter for 10,000 refugee families of five
- First-time internet access for 100,000 low-income households
- 50,000 baskets of baby chickens for families in Cameroon
It is through the incredible dedication and commitment of all of our users and activists that we have gotten this far. We want to take this opportunity to thank you for working with us to pursue the goal of creating lasting social and political movements around the world. This is only the beginning!